Wednesday 30 January 2013

Bills Bills Bills

No I'm not singing a Destinys Child song (although the title was an excuse to listen to this while writing), Lucy and I went to Bills on Sunday for a lazy day.

The weather in London on Sunday was absolutely glorious, I'm sure you all saw Instabrown pages and facebooks filled with lovely pictures of London in the sunshine. It was a clear but cold day with really lovely sunshine on our backs so we decided to trip out to enjoy this rare day in London.

We stopped off at Fire and Stone for a HUGE pizza, its quite a big chain in London now so its not exactly a well kept secret but they're incredible pizzas and not that expensive.

Once we were stuffed full we thought it best to go walk it off a little so off we trotted to Richmond to walk along the green. I would have taken a few pictures but halfway through the walk the weather decided we'd had too much of a good thing and started to downpour.

Lucy and I found the perfect place to hide from the rain for an afternoon on a perfect lazy Sunday, Bills. Again I think they've become quite the chain now but it all started in Lewes. The food is classic British food and the decor is eclectic and old fashioned. You feel like you're in a countryside produce store with shelves lined with old tins, jams, juices and loads more.

We popped in while they were quite busy just for a drink and we didn't feel pressured to eat or leave quickly. We perched, ordered our drinks and found a pile of magazines to work our way through.




Lucy ordered a pink lemonade float with a vanilla scoop of ice cream, it created this amazing fizzy foam which tasted of fizzy strawberries.



Lucy's jumper is a bargain from Urban Outfitters.




I went for an incredibly naughty chocolate brownie milkshake with loads of cream and a flake, diet who?



My denim shirt was a lucky find in Prmarni, I loved the Aztec collar and sleeves



It was such a relaxing atmosphere, the staff are lovely and don't force you to buy more, I hate it when waiters try to sell starters or nibbles or coffees on just to get more of an up sell, it's so transparent.


I couldn't recommend the place more for a lazy coffee, an unlikely place for a lazy Sunday drink and a happy find while hiding from the rain. I think we've decided it will be our new meeting point now Lucy's at university!



I came home to read this cute little letter Lucy had written me from Rifle Paper Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment