Friday 22 June 2012

Glossybox June 2012

Yesterday I got my Glossybox and with all my excitement to get it, I ended up having to open it in the car so I do apologise for the quality of pictures with this one!

I think the box is good, their theme for this is holiday luggage so you can use useful miniatures rather than bringing huge products. However, I've already been on holiday so this doesn't massively help but I'm actually still quite pleased with the products. From the sounds of it, a lot of these boxes were the same so I won't bore you with too much detail!






{Clean Start by Dermalogica - so this product set is probably the best bit of the box, it's a good holiday kit with a face wash, spritz toner and a SPF 15 moisturiser. After giving the toner a quick spritz and having a test of the moisturiser, it's a bit minty and smells a little like foot cream (a la Mean Girls) but I think it's a good set to have in a box}


{BM Beauty Summer Warmth Bronzer - this looks like a really cute bronzer and I've always wanted to try out mineral make up without investing loads of money into it (the main reason I love these boxes). The colour seems a little dark when I tested it but with a little experimenting with foundations I think I'll find a good fit for it!}


{Yves Rocher France Ultra Volume Sexy Plump Mascara - this looks brilliant, the brush is huge which I find essential for volume and length with mascara. I've never heard of this company before so I'm really looking forward to giving this a good trial!}


{Glossybox Pro Beauty Brush - I already have a set of Bobbi Brown brushes so I kinda don't think I'll be using this a lot but it does feel good quality and could be a handy take away for weekends brush when I don't want to repack my whole make up bag}


{Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation Kit - this product is designed to hide bad skin problems such as acne, skin spots or extreme redness. I've got a few problems with this one, I'm pretty much only going to be one colour out of this pack. I understand you can't fit everyone with one colour but you have to fill out a beauty survey for Glossybox when you sign up so they could have asked about foundation colour and assigned one colour to each person. Also I don't really have extreme skin problems, I get a few spots but this looks really thick. However, I'll give it a good go and report back later!}

So overall I like the box but it's not my favourite, I think I prefer their themed boxes and I wish they'd stop sending me moisturiser! I've had it in every single box now and I'm getting a backlog! However, I still really love using these sample boxes as you discover and receive thing you'd never usually buy in the shops so I'm not complaining!

A little extra note for this post, the Glossybox blog is actually really good and I would recommend a quick scour round as they have how to tips and beauty news which is done really well in my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment