Friday 16 March 2012

1920's Mood Board

Today a few of us are going to our friend Tim's 1920s themed birthday party. The house is being turned into a speakeasy with cocktails on tap (this is how I've imagined the party in my head, I'm not actually sure what Tim's planning on doing!)

The 1920s is by far my favourite era, I've always thought I was born in the wrong time. I just love the secret freedom of the prohibition times and the gorgeous flapper outfits.

As soon as I heard about the theme I went straight onto Pinterest and began my mood board to get some ideas together. If I'm honest I think my outfit will be channeling Millie from Made in Chelsea but if she can pull it off then I can at least try it!

Heres a few of my favourite pictures to get me inspired for the night!


{Sequins + Roses}


{Feathered Headpiece}


{Diane Kruger's Curled Up-Do}


{Tassels}


{Perfect modern twist}


{Where my love for the 1920s started: Fitzgerald}

So from looking around, the main gist was tassels, sequins, lace and pearls. I managed to find this little dress which doesn't look great on the hanger but is actually quite cute on (its very short, this may be why!)


So the dress is from Apricot which is another one of those dresses I found in Beales (but New Look stock it too!), its very useful having the shop so close at work but not for my bank balance! The dress was £25. The little sequin and bead handbag is from Noa Noa (also in Beales) which was £39.95 down to £19.95 in the sale. Its tiny and only fits my phone and a lipstick but I should survive!

Then the plan is to pile on the pearls, I have a lovely cream sequin head band from accessorize and I'll stick a feather in. While I was working at a vintage festival in Goodwood I picked up some tights with the seam down the back of the leg which I'll wear with black heels. 

I'm curling my hair and just leaving it loose and the make up will be lots of black eyeliner and slicks of red lipstick. I cannot wait to see what everyone looks like, I'll post pictures on Monday! Have a fab weekend everyone, drink copious amounts of Guinness on Saturday and Happy Mother's Day on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment